Region II Behavioral Health Board
Below are the Open Board Positions:
- Currently there are no Open Board Positions.
Idaho Code 39-3132 establishes a Behavioral Health Board (BHB) in each Department of Health and Welfare region. While Idaho formerly utilized Mental Health Boards and Regional Advisory Committees on Substance Abuse in an advisory capacity in each region, the introduction of stand alone Regional Behavioral Health Boards is an important element in transformation of Idaho’s Behavioral Health System of Care.
Regional Behavioral Health boards are governmental entities, but they do not have the power to levy taxes.
Regional Behavioral Health Boards:
- Advise the State Behavioral Health Authority and the state Behavioral Health Planning Council on the local behavioral health needs of adults and children within the region.
- Advise the State Behavioral Health Authority and the Planning Council of the progress, problems and proposed projects of the regional service.
- Promote improvements in the delivery of behavioral health services and coordinate and exchange information regarding behavioral health services in the region.
- Identify gaps in available services and recommend service enhancements that address identified needs for consideration to the State Behavioral Health Authority.
- Assist the Planning Council with planning for service system improvements. The Planning Council will incorporate the recommendations from the regional behavioral health boards into a annual report to the governor and legislature.
- Annually provide a report to the Planning Council, the Regional Behavioral Health Centers and the State Behavioral Health Authority of its progress toward building a comprehensive community family support and recovery support system that shall include performance and outcome data as defined and in a format established by the planning council.
- The regional board may establish subcommittees as it determines necessary and will, at a minimum, establish and maintain a children’s mental health subcommittee.